Kayak adventure along the Swedish coast
4 days, 3 nights
Self guided kayaking adventure along the coast
On the breathtaking West coast of Sweden, one hours drive north of Gothenburg and about 2,5 hours south of Oslo, we found the perfect spot for a kayak adventure. You will spend the first night in a quaint hostel/guesthouse in a little seaside town. You will have a private room with shared facilities. The place is basic, but the location, directly on the water’s edge, is great. There is a restaurant just next to the hotel and a shop in town where you can stock up on supplies for your kayak expedition that starts the next day.
You will go on a self-guided tour, a private adventure, but with plenty of support from our local partners. You get all the paddling gear you need, they will give you a solid review of both equipment and paddling route over a coffee before setting off. Then they will come and pick you up when you’re finished on the last day. No backtracking. Easy and convenient. The route we have selected is rather weather-protected as you are sheltered by the islands of the archipelago. Perfect for families and people with little to no experience kayaking. For families we offer double kayaks as well as smaller life vests for children (recommended minimum age is 8 years).
The tour is a beautiful journey through a varied coastal landscape. You start in a lush, green and relatively weather protected inner archipelago environment in the fjord lands area, before the paddling takes you to the rugged and rocky outer archipelago, with charming fishing communities. You will meet steep rock walls, inviting sandy beaches, colonies of sea birds, spectacular sunsets and deserted islands where you will camp overnight. With a little bit of luck you will also get close contact with the harbor seals that are common along the coast.
Recommended retail price 2021
Independent travel (2 adults)
- € 495 per adult
Families (2 adults, 2 children)
- € 495 per adult
- € 495 per child
Small groups (max 8)
- On request
- 1 st night in hostel/guesthouse
- Single or double sea kayak rental for 3 days
- Paddle equipment (paddle, life vest, spray skirt, bilge pump and paddle leash)
- Map package containing recommended route, possible camp sites, restaurants, toilets and
places to buy groceries
- Thorough briefing over a good coffee on paddle route and equipment before launching
- Necessary camping equipment for 2 nights camping (2 or 3 person tent, sleeping bag,
mattress, camping stove and utensils, spade and water bag)
- Pick up and transportation back to our center on the last day of the trip
- Optionally we can also offer an extra full day kayak course, if you want to improve your kayaking
skills before you set off. €150 p.p.